Sunday, May 22, 2011

exercise

Mood stabilizers are the best way to make sure your moods stay stable. Exercise is the way to help ensure you have better moods and helps them stay stable.  It has been proven as I am sure you have heard the exercise increases your endorphins which in turn has an effect on your mood.  Endorphins according to definition reduce pain and affect emotions.  How do you do this when you are depressed.  Normally I believe in exercise and the only time i have difficulty is when I need it most to increase my moods.  Depression is  a mood that takes away your get up and go.  In order to exercise you need some kinda get up and go.  Everything during depression can be a chore, brushing your teeth can require great amounts of energy, making a meal, having a conversation amongst other things.  "Just increase your exercise and you will stay happy"- though it is true that exercise will increase your mood however it is not a complete deterrent in my opinion at least not for me for a mood stabilizer if it were that simple there would be not need for psychiatrists and therapists.  My get up and go as I like to say has got up and gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment